Thursday, June 2, 2011

Randy's Random Rants

     David Robinson, Rik Smits, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Dikembe Mutumbo, Alonzo Mourning, and now Shaq. When I was a kid, it seemed like nearly every team had a big time center. And of all of them, Shaq was the biggest. He was literally larger than life. You could youtube Shaq and find tons of videos. He was a physical monster, and the way the sport has evolved, I don't know if we'll ever see anything like him again.

     If you like sports, (and judging by you reading this, you do!) you should check out the NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Last night's 1-0 contest between the Canucks and Bruins was filled with action, drama, and biting! Game 2 is Saturday night on NBC and I believe you are doing your inner sports fan a disservice by not checking it out.

Other quick notes:

     Terrelle Pryor's driving privileges in Ohio have been suspended. Isn't it a little late for that? He's already caused enough trouble with cars.

     The NFL and Players Association had a secret meeting in Chicago. It was so secret, that even my lowly blog is reporting it happened. Let's just get this over with.

     Steve Spurrier floats the idea of paying players. "It worked at Florida," he said.

     Lance Armstrong wants an apology from 60 Minutes for their story on Lance taking performance enhancing drugs. I am still waiting for the "Thank You" note from Lance for defending him on my blog. So if you see him, let him know I'm waiting.

     I got a decent amount of blog hits for my (the) Ohio State University story. No death threats. I'll try harder next time.

     I'm going to watch "The Hangover: Part 2" later today. Full report tomorrow. Why review a movie before it makes over 100 million dollars in a weekend? Truth is, I got a lot of free time during the week, so I usually check out a movie midweek. If you want me to review a movie, give me 14 dollars and I'll bang it out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment