Friday, June 3, 2011

Movie Mad Libs (There be spoilers, yo!)

     Yesterday, four people, including me watched "The Hangover 2" at AMC Newport. (best theatre in Cincinnati, btw) Now when I watch a movie, things I look for are entertainment, special scenes/moments, pacing, and story. Maybe not in THAT order every time, but it's big for me.

     "The Hangover 2" or TH2 as it'll be called from now on, was entertaining, had scenes that will unfortunately stick with me for a while, and didn't drag on too much. A lot happened in 104 minutes. There was a problem with it, though. As entertaining and funny as it was, I'd seen it all before.

     TH2 was a carbon copy of the original. There is no way they actually wrote a 2nd script. I think they watched the first movie and said, we can't have a baby, let's have a monkey! We surprised everyone with Mr. Chow jumping out of a car, so let's have him jump out of an ice box! I couldn't find myself enjoying the movie, as I was thinking of gags from the first movie that were going to happen in this movie.

     In the honor of the Movie Mad Libs, TH2 was, I thought I would go ahead and make TH3:

     Two years after the events in Bangkok, the gang is going to Alan's wedding. Alan, a big fan of parties, talks the guys into going to Tijuana. When they wake up the next day, Alan's friend Carlos is missing and they must retrace their steps to find him. Instead of a baby or monkey, the guys are in charge of a baby chicken. Mr. Chow, who escaped Interpol and is hiding out in Mexico gets involved when the group has to make a trade with a drug cartel for their friend. Mike Tyson makes an appearance at this point, jumping out of a trash can with Uzis spraying bullets "Dead Presidents" style. Instead of their friend, Carlos, they get another guy with the same name. During their travels Stu gets his tongue pierced and also tries to have relations with a donkey. Alan admits that he gave the rest of the group drugs, much to Stu's chagrin. Right before the wedding is called off, they find their friend in a place that's easy and the story wraps up quickly.

     Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment