Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stop the Hate, Celebrate

I hate people that get up 10 times during the game. I hate douchers that try to start the wave. I don't like drunks in my row or sitting next to another fat guy at the game. I'm sure people hate that my wife and I walk around the stadium for the first 5 or so and then just watch the end. I'm sure my tone isn't exactly appreciated by everyone, but here's the thing, nobody goes on radio or TV complaining about banning this stuff.

So why the Woo? What's your problem with fans Wooing at games? Unlike the other things mentioned, it seems to belong to us. I like having quirking things that belong to my team and it's fans, don't you? It's no "Sweet Caroline", but it's not as lame as Cub fans throwing balls back on the field.

Marc Amazon, Lance McAlister, and a lot of others have stood up against the Woo. Why? It doesn't bother me that Lance brings a soft-sided cooler, or that Marc has a media pass and rarely ever goes. Why hate on other fans? What's the point?

Do I Woo? No. Frankly, I don't particularly like it or when it's used, but that's not for me to decide. People come to the ballpark for one reason, have a good time. For most, that's seeing the Reds win, for some, it's just hanging out with someone special, and maybe others it's just to drink outside.

I say, let the people Woo. It's our thing. It's an audible way to hear Reds fans at other stadiums, and it's harmless. I say enjoy yourself down at the ballpark, just don't ask me to do the wave with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment